Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail Expansion Announcement – New Job, Areas, and Features Revealed
Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail Expansion Announcement
Square Enix made several exciting announcements at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2023 in London. The highlight of the event was the introduction of the “Viper” job, a new addition coming to the upcoming Dawntrail expansion. Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida unveiled this dual-wielding close-range fighter during his keynote address, accompanied by a thrilling teaser trailer showcasing the Warrior of Light in action.
Another major announcement was the introduction of the “Echoes of Vana’diel” alliance raid series, a crossover with the beloved Final Fantasy XI game.
The Dawntrail expansion promises an array of fresh content for players to enjoy. Highlights include an increased level cap, multiple new jobs, expansive new areas, allied tribes, dungeons, and a variety of core battle content such as FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts, and sidequests.
New Features in Dawntrail
- New Job – “Viper”: The Viper is a close-range fighter who wields two one-handed blades that can be combined into a powerful two-handed weapon.
- New City – Tuliyollal: Tuliyollal is the seat of the federal nation-state governing Tural, located in the Northern Reaches of Yok Tural.
- New Areas: The expansion introduces the tropical region of Kozama’uka, with its lush rivers and waterfalls, and the arid region of Shaaloani, where a railroad is being built across vast rain-starved plains.
- New Allied Tribe – The Moblins: The Moblins are a people who reside in the jungles of Kozama’uka and share a common ancestry with goblins.
- New Alliance Raid – Echoes of Vana’diel: Players can look forward to an exciting crossover raid series with Final Fantasy XI.
- New Limited Job: A new limited job is planned for release in the latter half of the Patch 7.x series.
Previously Announced Content:
In addition to these new announcements, the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas revealed several other features coming in the Dawntrail expansion:
- Journey to the New World, Tural, and its capital, Tuliyollal
- Exploration of new areas, including the mountainous Urqopacha and the forest of Yak T’el
- New Allied Tribes, such as the Pelupelu who wear distinctive masks and inhabit Urqopacha
- Level cap increase from 90 to 100
- Multiple new jobs
- Core battle content like FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts, and Sidequests
- New dungeons
- New threats, including Valigarmanda
- Duty Support Update
- New gear and recipes
- Expansive new lifestyle content
- New variant dungeons, alliance raids, eight-player raids, and ultimate raids
- Player-versus-Player update
- Ongoing content updates, including a Blue Mage Update, Inconceivably Further Hildibrand Adventures, New Plans for Deep Dungeons, and a Gold Saucer Update
In addition to these exciting features, Dawntrail will also introduce the game’s first graphical update, enhancing both character and world visuals. Players can expect improvements to the screen-wide aesthetic appeal, higher resolution textures and shadows, and improved material qualities.
Final Fantasy XVI Collaboration
During the event, new details were unveiled regarding the collaboration between Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XVI. Players can brace themselves for a crossover questline titled “The Path Infernal”.
Fall Guys Collaboration
An eagerly awaited collaboration with Fall Guys will officially launch on October 31 as part of Patch 6.51, introducing a new Gold Saucer attraction.
Xbox Series Open Beta
The open beta for the Xbox Series X|S version of Final Fantasy XIV Online is scheduled to launch from mid-January to February 2024, with the official release planned for spring 2024. Players on the Xbox family of consoles will have the opportunity to experience the wonders of Eorzea in this digital-only release, featuring 4K support on Xbox Series X.
Next Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail Information Release
More details about the fifth expansion, Dawntrail, will be shared at the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo, scheduled for January 7 to 8, 2024. Stay tuned for future updates on how to watch the livestreams of these events.