How to Update Your Yahoo Password: Step-by-Step Guide
How to Update Your Yahoo Password
Yahoo is one of the oldest mail services, which might be connected to a few accounts. To stay secure, updating your password regularly is a good idea. So, check out our article to learn how to update your Yahoo password.
Change Yahoo Mail Password on Computer
To change your credentials from the computer, you need to get to your Yahoo settings. To do that, you can follow the steps below:
1. Log into your account.
2. Click on Settings, which you can find while hovering over your profile icon.
3. From settings, select Account Security.
4. Scroll down until you see an option to change your password (and click it).
5. Enter a new password.
6. Get the on-screen confirmation.
You can follow these steps from any desktop browser. So whether you use Mac, Windows, or Linux, these instructions apply.
Change Yahoo Password on iPhone App.
The long process of updating your email password has always been challenging. If you want to change your Yahoo password on the iPhone App, follow these steps:
1. Tap your Yahoo account icon and select Settings.
2. Tap the Account info. From the account settings screen, select the Security Settings.
3. From there, tap the blue Change Password link.
4. Enter new credentials.
Change Yahoo Password on Android App
The process for changing your credentials on the Android app is similar to the iPhone app. Here are the steps you can follow:
1. Tap your account icon in the upper-left corner.
2. Select Manage accounts and choose Account info under the account you want to change.
3. Tap Security settings.
4. Scroll down until you find the Change Password button; tap it.
5. Enter your new credentials.
How to Change Your Yahoo Password If You Forgot
If you don’t have access to your account, you won’t be able to access your settings. But Yahoo has security steps in place if you have credentials.
To start the password recovery process, go to the Yahoo sign-in helper. Once you get there, follow these steps:
1. Enter your sign-in email address and phone number, recovery phone number, or recovery email address.
2. Select your best authentication method (backup email, app, Phone Number, etc.).
3. Enter the code you received in your Email or text (if applicable).
4. Enter the new credentials after authenticating yourself.
If none of these options work, click the “Try another way to sign in.” From there, you can look up solutions on Yahoo’s knowledge base or contact their customer care line to verify your account ownership through other means.
If your forgotten credentials can be traced back to a stolen account, you’ll want to check out our Privacy Monitor.
Change Yahoo Password – FAQs
What happens after you change your password?
After you change your credentials, Yahoo will log out of all your devices. This means you’ll have to enter the new credentials on those devices. So, if you believe someone has stolen your account, changing your password is a good first step.
How often do I need to change my Yahoo password?
Because Yahoo holds sensitive data, some security experts recommend changing your credentials at least two to three times yearly. This number might increase in cases where you have compromised passwords. Email accounts need to be changed more because of this.
What can I do if my Yahoo account is blocked?
A locked Yahoo account most often happens because someone attempted to get into your account. Whether by accident or purpose, your first step should be to try and reset your password. If your reset fails, you’ll need to contact customer service.
What can I do if my Yahoo account is hacked?
If you suspect your account was hacked, change your credentials immediately and check your recovery settings. Also, check your app settings to see if you see any unwanted third-party mail apps or unrecognized credentials. After going through this, check your mail settings to be sure nothing has changed.