Fastest News Updates around the World

Investigating Nord Stream Explosion: China Aims for Progress

49

- Advertisement -

Beijing, March 28 – Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning said at a press briefing on Tuesday that China hopes to make rapid progress in the investigation of the Nord Stream explosions so that the truth is revealed to the world and the perpetrators punished.
Earlier, the UN Security Council did not adopt a Russian draft resolution calling for the establishment of an international commission under the auspices of the United Nations to investigate the terrorist attack on Nord Stream. It was only the Russian Federation, China and Brazil. The remaining members of the Security Council abstained from voting.
“China hopes to make progress in relevant investigations as soon as possible so that the truth will be revealed to the world as soon as possible, and the perpetrators will be brought to justice,” the diplomat said.

- Advertisement -

On September 26, 2022, explosions occurred simultaneously on two gas pipelines for Russian exports to Europe – Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2. Germany, Denmark and Sweden did not exclude the occurrence of targeted sabotage. Nord Stream, operator of Nord Stream AG, stated that the state of emergency on the gas pipelines is unprecedented and it is impossible to estimate the repair time. The Prosecutor General’s Office of Russia initiated a case relating to an act of international terrorism. On 31 October, Russian President Vladimir Putin reported that Gazprom had been allowed to inspect the site of the explosion, and the company’s president, Alexei Miller, informed him about the inspection. Putin said that the explosion on the gas pipeline is a clear act of terrorism.
On February 8, the American journalist Seymour Hersh, who won the Pulitzer Prize, published his investigation of the Nord Stream explosions, in which he stated, citing a source, that explosive devices were planted under Russian gas pipelines in June 2022 under the cover of the Paltops maneuvers of the US Navy. Divers supported by Norwegian specialists. According to Hersh, the decision to launch the operation was taken by US President Joe Biden after nine months of discussions with administration officials concerned with national security issues. Later, the Pentagon told the News Agency that the United States had nothing to do with the bombing of Russian gas pipelines last year.

Leave a Reply

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More