NHL 24 Update 1.11: Gameplay, Hybrid Controls, Goalie Updates, Bug Fixes, and More
A new update has been released for NHL 24 Update 1.11. You can find out all the details of the Game Update, Bug Fixes, improvements, and Patch Notes below.NHL 24 Update 1.11 is now available for download, for all platforms, including PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC. The file size may vary depending on the platform.
Hybrid Controls Update:
Community Feedback: The removal of HYBRID control options has made the game difficult to play for users who require the ability to perform core actions on the Face Buttons of the controller.
- HYBRID controls have been re-introduced as an option in the Control Settings menu.
- HYBRID controls allow users to use the Face Buttons to perform core actions like Shoot, Pass, and Hit.
- HYBRID controls utilize the same controller mapping as NHL23 with some modification in order to support core gameplay changes to Protect Puck and Reverse Hit.
Goalie Controls Update:
Community Feedback: Veteran User Goalies felt that the Tether control system was too limiting and wanted the ability to control the Goalie similar to NHL23. Additionally, the removal of Alternate Controls and forcing automatic Hug-Post removed other aspects of controls that veteran User Goalies were accustomed to.
User Goalie Controls Settings have been expanded in the CONTROL SETTINGS menu.
Goalie Controls can be set between DEFAULT or ALTERNATE
DEFAULT = Original control layout
ALTERNATE = Swaps the placement of Butterfly, Hug Post, Instincts. (NHL23)
Goalie Tether can be set to ON / OFF / HYBRID.
ON = Tether remains the same as launch.
OFF = Tether is disabled.
HYBRID = Tether is disabled while in Butterfly
Hug Post can be set to AUTO / MANUAL
AUTO = Aiming LS towards the posts will auto enter Hug Post.
MANUAL = User must hold Manual Hug Post button while aiming LS towards the post to enter Hug Post.
Goalie Fatigue System:
Community Feedback: A goalie who performs a Desperation Dive can stay on their side for too long, making the goalie feel less reactive to the situation.
- When in an urgent situation, Goalies will now transition from Desperation Side poses back to Sitting Pose, and then from sitting, they may get back into Butterfly or Set.
- This helps create more urgency for the Goalie while allowing them to make future desperation saves from sitting or recover quicker back to a Butterfly or Set.
Stick Lift Update:
Community Feedback: Defensive players who perform a Stick Lift have a high chance of taking a penalty.
- Stick Lift targeting has been updated to target a lower location on the opposing players stick, which reduces the chances of taking a penalty.
General Bug Fixes:
Community Feedback: The community has helped identify some core bugs that impact the gameplay experience.
- Vision Passing icons now appear while in a Backhand/Forehand Stickhandling state.
- Fixed a rare bug which could lead to a User Goalie spinning on the spot when moving.
- Fixed a rare physics bug that could result in game desync.
- Fixed an issue where the credits for the song “Do It Faster” were incorrectly displayed.
World of Chel
- Resolved a bug where the Ones/Threes Eliminator leaderboards were not properly displaying rankings.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when transitioning from the “Thank You for pre-ordering EA Sports NHL 24” screen in the Player Rewards Screen in WoC back to the Customize Tab.
- Resolved a crash that occurred when equipping an emblem and then discarding changes in the World of Chel Creation Zone.
- Addressed a bug where rapidly scrolling back and forth in the Battle pass would cause the instant reward tile framing to break.
- Resolved an issue where special character boosts were not displayed in the attribute chart when users were in the dressing room.
- Resolved an issue where users were not brought to the post-matchup dressing room when using 1v1 matchmaking.
- Fixed a bug where drop-in goalies who quit out of a game were not replaced with AI characters.
- Addressed game crash that occurred when setting up Logos and Branding while in “Create Expansion Team” and “Create Team”.
- Improved the scroll speed in the ‘Player Details’ menu of the Creation Zone from the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where creating a Defensemen in Offline Creation Zone and leaving their Player Class as Defensive Defenseman would cause the incorrect class to be displayed once the player was created.
- Resolved an issue where the goalie glove/trapper geometry was warped and clipping when re-coloring.
Updated the following teams center ice art
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Calgary Flames
- Dallas Stars
- Detroit Red Wings
- Edmonton Oilers
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Vegas Golden Knights
- Winnipeg Jets
- Colorado Eagles
- Henderson Silver Knights
Minnesota Wild – Alternate
Bakersfield Condors – Third
Reading Royals – Third
Toledo Walleye – Home, Away, Third and Fourth
Wheeling Nailers – Home and Away
Wichita Thunder – Home and Away
BEMER Pioneer Vorarlberg – Home and Away
EC IDM Warmepumpen VSV – Home and Away
EC-KAC – Home and Away
EC Red Bull Salzburg – Home and Away
HCB Sudtirol Alperia – Home and Away
HC Pustertal Wolfe – Home and Away
HC TWK Innsbruck – Home and Away
HK SZ Olimpija Ljubljana – Home and Away
Hydro Fehervar AV 19 – Home and Away
Migross Supermercati Asiago Hockey – Home and Away
Moser Medical Graz 99ers – Home and Away
SPUSU Vienna Capitals – Home and Away
Steinbach Black Wings Linz – Home and Away
Jukurit Mikkelin – Home and Away
JYP – Home and Away
Porin Assat – Home and Away
TPS Turku – Home and Away
Farjestad BK – Home and Away
HV71 – Home, Away and Third
IK Oskarshamn – Home and Away
Leksands IF – Home and Away
Source: NHL 24