Petrifying Effects of Unveiling Pharaoh’s Tomb: One Scientist’s Ordeal with an Enigmatic Ailment
One Egyptologist has claimed the pharaohs’ curse is “real” after he was exposed to a mysterious illness that caused him to cough up blood and hallucinate after opening an ancient Egyptian tomb.
Rami Romani recalls the incident during his appearance on The Jordan Harbinger Show, noting that he was exposed to the disease while filming the Discovery Channel TV show Unfolded Mummies and entered a cemetery that had not been trampled on for a long time. time. 600 years.
A few hours later, on the way back to Cairo, he felt unwell and woke up the next day with a temperature of 42 degrees Celsius and more severe symptoms.
Doctors were called, who gave him antibiotics, thinking he had contracted the infection from dust or an animal, but he did not recover for another four days.
“Whether it was a mummy’s curse or not, something in this grave got to me,” Rami told the Khaleej Times at the time.
And in 2019, Romani suffered from his mysterious illness after visiting a cemetery in the city of Amarna, where he tried to find out more about Pharaoh Akhenaten. He described this case as “the closest thing to death”.
He explained: “We were filming a scene where we were trying to identify a mummy that we thought could be a character from the Bible. During filming, we came to a tomb that hadn’t been opened in years. We opened the door and the locals stayed away, at first to make sure there aren’t any snakes or any curses. We didn’t believe in curses. We went straight up the stairs. We kept going down and it was so dusty. I breathed everything.”
Rami told The Jordan Harbinger Show that there were bats and snakes inside, as well as “a strong ammonia smell of bat urine.”
He showed that he was very excited and breathed in all the dust and smells that filled the place. After that, he became ill, and the next day he was “coughing up blood” and suffering from “hallucinations”, and none of the doctors could tell what he was suffering from.
When he showed them where he was, they said, “Bats, snakes, dust, it’s not a good mix… we haven’t seen that combination of symptoms, but hopefully these antibiotics will work.”
He said, “The reason I am telling this story is because it is true. The scientific curse of the mummy is very true. I just opened a sealed tomb for 600 years, not to mention 6000 years, and the next day I was in a terrible state. … So, the curse of mummies exists from a scientific point of view.”
While he believes there is a “curse of the mummies,” Romani says it’s likely that his injury is due to mold and not something supernatural.
He added that leaving a closed tomb for thousands of years with living organic matter inside, and then opening it for the first time and going inside is unhealthy. He pointed out that the lack of face masks at the time scientists made these discoveries causes many problems that could have been the cause of many deaths after the tombs were first discovered.
And in 1923, under strange circumstances related to the opening of Tutankhamun’s burial chamber in Luxor, more than 20 people died, including six in London.
When Lord Carnarvon passed away after opening the tomb, some reported that there was a brief power outage and all lights went out throughout Cairo. His son also reported that at his home in England, his beloved dog howled and suddenly dropped dead.
In 2002, a study was conducted to analyze the deaths associated with the opening of Tutankhamun’s tomb between 1923 and 1926. The scientists looked at how long 25 people would live past the date of potential infection.
They found that there was no significant increase in mortality among those involved in excavating the graves, dispelling the myth of the curse.
In fact, Lord Carnarvon died five months after he first entered the tomb, and during that time he did not show any symptoms. This has led some scholars to argue that his death was unrelated to his archaeological work.
In 2003, two London doctors wrote to The Lancet and explained that he could have been infected by inhaling Aspergillus spores.
This fungus has been found, among many others, on other ancient artifacts, including the mummy of Ramesses II.
Aspergillus eat people severely weakened by the disease. When they invade a person, they cause a condition called aspergillosis, which primarily affects the lungs.
There, the fungus can turn into a mass the size of a tennis ball, which is very difficult to destroy.
Doctors said that Lord Carnarvon might have inhaled spores dormant in the dust that could reactivate later, and that previous chest infections left him vulnerable to infection.
Although the cause of his death was recorded as pneumonia, the symptoms of aspergillosis are similar, so it remains possible that this is the real “curse”.
Source: Daily Mail
You must log in to post a comment.