Moscow, January 3 – Portuguese striker Cristiano Ronaldo said that the move to the Saudi football club Al-Nasr is not the end of his career, but he said that his mission in Europe is over.
Al-Nasr announced the transfer of Ronaldo on December 30, and the contract was signed until June 2025. The 37-year-old footballer will play under the seventh number. On Tuesday, the Portuguese will be presented as a player in the Saudi club.
“There is a different vision of the country and football here, which is why I accepted this challenge. This is a great opportunity to change the mentality of new generations, not only in football. Many clubs from Australia, the United States and Portugal have tried to sign me. My work has been done in Europe, and I am proud of the challenge.” The new one,” the player added.
Marca previously reported that Ronaldo could be loaned out to Newcastle United, and according to the publication, the Portuguese has a contract clause allowing him to join the English club if the team wins a place in the Champions League. In early October 2021, Newcastle was sold to the Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia.
Ronaldo is a five-time Ballon d’Or winner. Throughout his career, he represented the Portuguese “Sporting”, the English “Manchester United”, the Spanish “Real” and the Italian “Juventus”. He won the Champions League five times, the champion of England three times, the champion of Spain twice and the Italian champion. Ronaldo won the European Championship (2016) and the Nations League (2018/19) with Portugal. During the World Cup in Qatar, where the Portuguese national team reached the quarterfinals, Ronaldo broke his contract with Manchester United.
Editorial Team 2802 posts