The Sims 4 Patch Notes 1.71 Update Today on March 15, 2023
Infants are now in the game! With the free base game update, you’ll now be able to interact with your young Sims earlier than before and set them up for a lifetime of excitement. Once your family’s newborns age up into Infants (or if you decide to go the adoption route), they’ll have their own needs, emotions, and sentiments about their caretakers.
If your Sim doesn’t want to adopt or want to (or can’t) go through a pregnancy, they now have a brand new option. Sims can have babies with the power of science! Sims can now ask others to use a mix of their genetic material to create new life or just do it themselves…as long as they’ve got the funds.
Sims will spend less time as Newborns. This life stage will last only a few days before they age up into Infants. That doesn’t mean they haven’t gotten new stuff too! From the very beginning, Newborns are going to seem like more of the family with the addition of the range of skin tones other Sims have. They also will have the eye color they’ll have for life. There are some other changes to their appearance and movements that will really help Newborns feel like an active members of the household. Caregivers will no longer put them back into a bassinet between reactions, making caring for a Newborn feel more natural than before. Plus! Toddlers and Children will be able to interact with new family members by doing things like entertaining a Newborn in a bassinet with child-like behavior.
With a new life stage comes new looks! Infants have their own clothing, hairstyles, accessories, and most excitingly: personality traits. Find these new options in Create a Sim! There is also the addition of new furniture, decor, toys, and more to help make those Infants feel at home and truly part of the family. You can find these new items in the kids’ section in Build mode.
Once an Infant is crawling, they’re ready to go exploring. Keep them where they belong with the new baby-proofing option for doors. Sims can get kept out with door permissions, and now, Infants and Toddlers can get kept in.
Child skills have gotten a few adjustments. Sims will gain some skills quicker now, and the things they learn as Children will now matter as they grow. Plus: UI Improvements!
Don’t worry, there’s new stuff for your older Sims too. With this new update, there are new skin details in Create a Sim for Sims of all ages. Your Sims can now have birthmarks from birth. As they age, they can have stretch marks and C-Section scars.
CAS has another great new feature: you can now decide whether or not a Sim can produce milk. This new option can be found in the Gender section of the More Details menu.
With more ways for Sims to interact than ever before, it was getting a little overwhelming to try and find what you want to tell your Sim to do. The good news is that Interactions have been reorganized! The Interactions menu now has new sections based on the type. If you want your Sim to ask another Sim to have a science baby, for example, that’s a Deep Thoughts kind of conversation. Want to give a funny gift? Try the Silly Behavior menu. There are 19 new sections in the Interactions menu to help you find what you’re looking for in less time!
Cats & Dogs
- Ultra speed is as ultra-fast as it’s supposed to be, even if there’s a stray on the lot
- Pets will now Be Nice To… other pets when they’re told to
- Cats and small dogs should once again be able to route under dining tables. Yay, more efficient begging!
- Shoes are no longer distorted when Sims are wearing any color of ymBottom_EP06PantsVinyl_SolidBlack
- The Marine Biologist uniform now has work-appropriate shoes
- yfShoes_SP26CalfBoot_2ToneBrownBlack no longer includes missing leg sections on lower graphic settings
- Maker mentors will no longer speak in a strange Coming Soon language in their speech bubbles
- Your Sim will know where to go when trying to upgrade Hot Tubs with the Water Recycler using Eco Parts option
- Items that can be used Off-Grid are now labeled as such
- Wooden bridges now sound like…well…bridges made of wood
- Sims who were vampires but are now Sims that aren’t vampires will now be able to sleep more than 3 hours when tired
Realm of Magic
- Randomized Sims will no longer randomize with curse warts
Star Wars: Journey to Batuu
- Moonbathe interaction has been removed as an option for Sims while on Batuu
My Wedding Stories
- That pesky empty blue screen is no more! You’ll be able to plan wedding events through the phone or calendar now that the menus show up as intended
- Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish options when choosing a bouquet now have fewer mid-word line breaks
- You can now schedule your Wedding Event on the same day as holidays in the calendar
- The Icon Coming Soon… icon for the Full Moon Dream buff has been replaced with a really cool Moon icon. Totally worth the wait!
- Toddlers wearing the puBody_GP12OnesieWolf should be safe to wear shoes now, no more fear of their shoes ripping through the feet of the onesie. Werewolves… ripping clothing… I’m sure it was fine, but Sims were getting tired of the darn hole thing
Ok so if we don’t translate the issue from dev speak for players, what happens?
- Werewolf Sim LOD (level of detail) model displays pixel tearing deformation for HH (household) and pre-made Sims when they are in beast form
- Hmm… that, that’s fixed now
The Agave Abode washroom will no longer trap your Sim within its four walls… closing in on you, refusing to let you leave, even if you wash your hands after use…which you should do
- Sims can now add the same knitted items in different colors to their wardrobe
- Wall decals should no longer disappear when viewed from the back
Source:The Sims 4
You must log in to post a comment.